Wednesday, February 4, 2015

DIY Coffee Bar for under $50!

I have a few yard sale  sites on my FB, they are great for those who are not particularly morning people and like to sleep in Saturday mornings. ;) I saw this post of a black corner desk for $15 and immediately thought of the corner in my kitchen that is bare! Figured I could figure out something to do with it! So I got it and there it sat in my kitchen for a few months.

On Pinterest, I kept seeing coffee bars and I fell in love! What girl doesn't love the feeling of a cafe in their own kitchen!

So I was looking at Target and other local stores for a cute wood structure for a while before I realized that after looking on Pinterest some more... that there were coffee bars made out of so many different materials! I saw some rolling carts, microwave tables, rolling island cabinets, I mean all kinds of stuff!

I sought out to take the ugly corner desk and make it into my litter "corner cafe!"


Here is my ugly desk taking up space in my kitchen.


Yea, that corner needs a lot of help! The kitchen ended up resulting in the room where things go that don't have a place... above my cabinets... this corner... the china hutch. It's pretty bad! So this is my first attempt at making it look pretty! But I didn't want to spend a lot since I could buy a new nice table for my "corner cafe" for $150.

I went to Ross and scored big time on the deals! I got a hook hanger for $5, a set of 5 colorful mugs for $6, a tea cup wire holder for my tea bags $4, a picture for the wall $5, a basket for $3, trashcan for $3, and a table cloth for $4.
= $31!!! For the decor!!! And the desk was $15, that's $46 for an entire makeover!


Now how freaking cute is that?? 


I know I am old school with my manual coffee maker instead of a cool Keurig :)

I'm super happy with how it turned out! My advice would be to lay out on your kitchen table the things you would want on your coffee bar and then you can figure out what kind of containers you need.  Be creative!

BTW- this table cloth is sweet because it hides all my junk that WAS on top of my desk, now on the shelves!